Monday, April 28, 2008

My Herb Garden

Living in Arizona gardening can be somewhat of a challenge during the summer months. Not so much the growing but the maintaining. IT is hot. I love to garden and this is my small escape until my husband and I plant a new garden in a shady spot. I purchased this green house a few months ago. I love the little bird on top. Unfortunately it has lived in the garage until last weekend when I decided enough was enough I needed to make room for the huge thing that I love so much. Off to the Depot (Home Depot) I went. They had a wonderful variety of herbs. I chose basil, oregano, peppermint, chives, thyme and spearmint. It takes up quite a bit of my counter top but it makes me happy. There you have it..My Herb Garden.

13 comments:

aimee said...

Ahhhh. It's so cute!!! I love fresh herbs.

Chrissy said...

Hi Heather, love your herb garden, what a good idea..... hey..I posted my sideboard, kind of a dark photo, but it was the best of the lot, talk to you soon, Chrissy

Mrs. B said...

What a darling little greenhouse! You will really enjoy having those herbs to cook with! I love the little birdie!

Carrie said...

I love the greenhouse where did you find it? I would love to find something like that.

Mrs. B said...

I'm back. Just wanted to let you know I have an award for you over at my blog. Come and accept if you like, but no hurry and don't feel obligated.

Shannon said...

So cute!! I love it!

Lolly Jane said...

what a great idea!

hey if you're in the east valley tomorrow evening, stop in! *check out our blog for details

anyway i just love fresh herbs :) way to go!

Jill -Forever and Ever House said...

Hello
I found my way to you thru Mrs. B. I love your greenhouse. It is just gorgeous!! I want one!! I hope it is O.K. with you but I would like to add you to my blog roll. :O)

Brenda Kula said...

Lovely idea! I've raised herbs for years. But would never have thought of putting them in something that unique!
Brenda

tales from an O.C. cottage said...

That is really neat!

Sheila said...

I found you thru Rhoda at Southern Hospitality! I love love love your blog! I spent some time here checking out all your post. You are one talented girl! I love the make overs and the bargains. I will definetly be back. I love your header, did you do it yourself? Would love some info. on it. Have a blessed and beautiful Sunday.
Hugs!
Sheila

Rue said...

Where are you?

love,
rue

Picket said...

Hello????? Anybody home? Girl have you fell off the planet...it is almost midnight here and I was just thinking of you..Seriously sis..I hope you and yours are alright...I have so missed talking to you...please give me a holler when you can.